BE Group AB (publ)
January – March 2022
First quarter 2022
- Net sales increased by 68% to SEK 1,845 M (1,100)
- The underlying operating result increased to SEK 180 M (68)
- The operating result increased to SEK 184 M (86), including inventory gains of SEK 4 M (18)
- Result after tax increased to SEK 148 M (63)
- Cash flow from operating activities increased to SEK 108 M (60)
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 11.41 (4.88)
- During the quarter, an agreement was signed to acquire the assets of Hercules Rebar from Hercules Grundläggning AB,
a subsidiary within NCC. The acquisition is expected to be finalized during the second quarter 2022
“BE Group again delivered a strong quarter thanks to continued high steel prices and good cost control. The operating margin rose to 10.0%, which is by far the best that has been delivered for the first quarter since the stock exchange listing in 2006.
About 10% of BE Group’s total steel purchases in 2021 came from Russian-controlled steel producers and BE Group immediately ceased orders and payments to companies subject to global sanctions. We are carefully monitoring developments and reviewing what can be done proactively to ensure the delivery of steel and to safeguard our capacity to support our customers in these challenging times” , Peter Andersson, President and CEO.
|Results overview||2022 |
|Tonnage, thousands of tonnes||Tonnage, tusen ton||92||88||4||342|
|Net sales, SEK M||Nettoomsättning, MSEK||1,845||1,100||745||5,388|
|Underlying operating result, SEK M|| |
Underliggande rörelseresultat, MSEK
|Operating result, SEK M||Rörelseresultat, MSEK||184||86||98||621|
|Profit/loss for the period, SEK M||Periodens resultat, MSEK||148||63||85||495|
|Earnings per share, SEK||Resultat per aktie, SEK||11.41||4.88||6.53||38.10|
|Cash flow from operating activities, SEK M|| |
Kassaflöde från den löpande verksamheten, MSEK
BE Group, which is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange, is a trading and service company in steel, stainless steel and aluminium. BE Group offers efficient distribution and value-adding production services to customers primarily in the construction and manufacturing industries. In 2021, the Group reported sales of SEK 5.4 billion. BE Group has approximately 630 employees, with Sweden and Finland as its largest markets. The head office is located in Malmö, Sweden. Read more about BE Group at www.begroup.com.