BE Group AB (publ)
January – June 2019
Improved result and cash flow
Second quarter 2019
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,193 M (1,312)
- The underlying operating result increased to SEK 32 M (26) 1)
- The operating result increased to SEK 32 M (22) 2)
- Result after tax increased to SEK 19 M (7)
- Cash flow from operating activities increased to SEK 67 M (17)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.44 (0.54)
- Anders Martinsson decided to resign as President and CEO of BE Group
First six months 2019
- Net sales amounted to SEK 2,398 M (2,538).
- The underlying operating result amounted to SEK 72 M (74).
- The operating result amounted to SEK 66 M (77).
- Result after tax amounted to SEK 39 M (46).
- Cash flow from operating activities increased to
SEK 129 M (16).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 3.00 (3.57).
Significant events after the end of the period
- Peter Andersson has been appointed President and CEO and will assume the position on October 11 at the latest.
- A new three-year credit agreement was signed.
- Decision regarding investments in production equipment in Norrköping and an extension of existing rental agreement.
|Results overview||2019 |
|Tonnage, thousands of tonnes||Tonnage, tusen ton||92||102||-10||188||200||-12|
|Net sales, SEK M||Nettoomsättning, MSEK||1,193||1,312||-119||2,398||2,538||-140|
|Underlying operating result, SEK M|| |
Underliggande rörelseresultat, MSEK
|Operating result, SEK M||Rörelseresultat, MSEK||32||22||10||66||77||-11|
|Profit/loss for the period, SEK M||Periodens resultat, MSEK||19||7||12||39||46||-7|
|Earnings per share, SEK||Resultat per aktie, SEK||1.44||0.54||0.90||3.00||3.57||-0.57|
|Cash flow from operating activities, SEK M|| |
Kassaflöde från den löpande verksamheten, MSEK
1) The underlying operating result last year was impacted by a provision for an anticipated bad debt and adjustment of inventory in the Baltics of SEK -12 M.
2) The operating result last year was, apart from the effect for the Baltics of SEK -12 M, impacted by an item affecting comparability of SEK -16 M related to the exit of the operations in Prerov, Czech Republic and inventory gains of SEK 12 M.
BE Group, which is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm exchange, is a trading and service company in steel, stainless steel and aluminium. BE Group offers efficient distribution and value-adding production services to customers primarily in the construction and manufacturing industries. In 2018, the Group reported sales of SEK 4.8 billion. BE Group has approximately 670 employees, with Sweden and Finland as its largest markets. The head office is located in Malmö, Sweden. Read more about BE Group at www.begroup.com.